Branch Manger - Wilmslow
48/50 Grove Street
Wilmslow, SK9 1DS
Hours of Work: 36 hours between the hours of Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm
Salary: £29,000.00 per annum
Here at Skipton Building Society we are proud to have a team of amazing people who work every day to put our customers’ best interests at heart.
We are currently looking for a Branch Manager to join our team to play an integral role in delivering an exceptional service to our customers and maintaining our position as one of the UK’s largest building societies.
The Branch Manager will lead a team of customer facing colleagues, promoting high standards of customer service, making sure that they deliver an exceptional experience to all customers. We are looking for an individual who can really inspire a team, engaging them and creating a real culture of high performance and involvement in the local community.
Working closely with the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will develop a branch business plan that contributes to Skipton’s wider corporate plan, setting objectives for performance and maximising business opportunities in the area, and communicating this to the team so that they understand their own individual contribution to the branch’s performance.
At Skipton we believe in ensuring that we are meeting our customers needs and selling our products and services in the right way; through meeting with customers for reviews of their finances and their goals, we can use our continual customer focus to ensure that we are benefitting both the customer and the organisation through recommending and selling appropriate products.
A key aspect of this role also involves continually reviewing processes, ensuring that quality checks are undertaken and ensuring that you and the team reasonably anticipate, minimise and manage operational risk. This is a key role that calls for exceptional people skills and proven leadership experience, and in return we’ll provide you with the development opportunities you need to make a real difference to your team and our customers.
- A proven ability to manage situations where the interpretation and communication of highly complex and/or sensitive information is required.
- Leading a team in a supportive way, delegating effectively and driving them forward
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to direct/influence and persuade others at all management levels
- A proven track record of delivering results by leading teams in a sales and leadership environment.
- Experience of leadership and performance management, including evidence of use of differing leadership styles as appropriate, setting and reviewing objectives, coaching and developing a team.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships in order to support the achievement of working objectives.
- Experience of identifying business needs and setting operational/resource plans through the application of acquired technical experience and organisational skills.
- Evidence of adapting different styles of communication in situations in order to contribute to the successful achievement of objectives.
- A real drive to actively develop oneself and keep up to date with latest developments in a specific field.
About Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our colleagues’ unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Competitive Employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Company paid Group Income Protection scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and the opportunity to participate in the annual Holiday Trading Scheme to buy/sell extra days)
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Volunteering days
- Colleague discounts at a range of UK wide retailers, including holidays, restaurants, fashion, days out and more. Accessible via an online platform and mobile app.
- Discounts/cashback on selected products and services
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diverse culture
Skipton are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.